Gateways has launched an important campaign, the BRIGHTER FUTURES FUNDRAISING APPEAL to meet the growing needs of the region. We need your help to raise $960,000 to build a family friendly client services wing adjoining our current offices in Geelong West. It will be a bright and welcoming one-stop-shop where children with disabilities and their families can find support, programs and services they need in the one central hub.
Gateways needs to upgrade and expand our facilities to grow with our community so we can be there when families need us.
The new purpose-designed client facility on the east side of the existing building in Albert Street will provide an additional 292sqm of space and comfortable state-of-the-art client facilities including:
- A new, sound-proof, two-room assessment suite with a one-way mirror and video equipment to record and monitor a child’s behaviour during assessment
- Occupational therapy and speech therapy rooms
- A multi-purpose room for behaviour management and psychology programs,
- Parent education and support programs and social activity group use
- A more welcoming, family-friendly centre
- Greater security for staff and clients
Construction of the wing will be carried out in conjunction with a renovation of the existing 40-year-old building which Gateways will fund. However we are not in a position to contribute more for the client facility - so your support is vital and very much appreciated.
Gateways also has the support of prominent local identities Frank Costa, comedian Dave Thornton, and Bay FM presenter Paula Kontelj who are the Brighter Futures Appeal patrons.
Growing demand for services for children with autism and other disabilities in the region is being driven by population growth, increased birth rates and new state and federal funding for early intervention services for children with autism and other disabilities. There is also reliable information that the prevalence of autism has increased.
This project development will increase Gateways capacity to:
- Deliver high quality autism assessments
- Deliver high quality and effective speech and occupational therapy programs
- Deliver high quality and effective behaviour support programs
- Provide effective family support programs and social recreational groups
- Provide a family friendly setting offering a range of services from one location while also serving as a base for outreach services
- Employ and accommodate additional professional staff to deliver the services outlined above
We will be very grateful for all kinds of help. For example, you may decide to:
- Make a donation which is tax deductible. (This could be by bundling up the loose change you have on hand.)
- Give a gift which celebrates your son/dauhgter/family’s progress and achievements.
- Hold a garage sale and donating the proceeds of the day.
- See if someone in your family or friend’s network would be willing to make a donation or give a gift to the Brighter Futures Fundraising Appeal.
- Find out if your employer would like to make a donation as part of their commitment to supporting local services.
- Organise a simple fundraiser at your work place e.g. a casual dress day with a gold coin donation.
All donations are greatly appreciated and donations of $2 or more are tax deductible. Donations over $1000 can be acknowledged on our supporters board which will be located inside the reception area of the new wing. Naming rights to the entire wing and each room inside the new wing are also available.
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT