Parent Program Supporting Children with Autism
This program is available at Gateways Support Services, Werribee and is designed to empower parents / carers to teach their child with autism, social communication skills to reach their full communication potential
The Hanen – More Than Words Program is an intensive, evidence based program designed specifically for parents / carers of children aged 5 and under on the autism spectrum or with other social / communication difficulties.
The 11 week program is delivered by Gateways speech pathologists and provides parents / carers with the tools, strategies and support to teach everyday communication skills to their child.
The Program Includes:
- 9 training sessions in a small group setting
- Pre-Program parent consultation with speech pathologists
- Individual learning sessions for the parent / carer and their child with our speech pathologists
- Evaluation and learning resources
- A copy of the More Than Words Parent Guide
When: First Session – Monday 8th October 2018
Final Session – Monday 17th December 2018
Where: Gateways Werribee Office, 3 Princes Hwy, Werribee
Cost: There is no charge. The program has be supported by the Mazda Foundation.
How to Register
Please complete a registration form or call 03 5221 2984 and ask to speak to the Early Intervention Coordinator or Therapy Manager.
Proudly Supported by