Recreation Volunteers Needed January 2018
Gateways Summer Holiday Program for children and young people with autism and intellectual disabilities is calling out for recreation volunteers to join the program.
Gateways has an extensive program of small group summer holiday activities for young school aged children and teenagers with disabilities which will run in January 2018 and is looking for volunteers who, under the supervision of experienced recreation staff, can provide additional one to one support for children and young people.
Volunteers in this role encourage and support children and young people to be fully engaged and participate in a range of fun activities such as beach days, visits to adventure parks, the movies, craft activities and more. The program takes place out in the community and at dedicated holiday program venues in Geelong.
This volunteer opportunity provides a fun way to get involved in the local community, meet people of all abilities, have new experiences and develop new skills.
- Gain experience in the disability sector with a disability organisation which specializes in supporting people with autism and intellectual disability.
- A potential pathway to paid, flexible, casual work as a recreation support worker, which can fit around your study or other commitments
- Specialized training & induction relevant to the disability sector
- A meaningful volunteer role that really makes a difference to the child or young person you support
- A flexible roster and time commitment around individual availability
See our web page to find out more about volunteering or to express you interest in becoming a Recreation Volunteer make contact with us today to take part in our November training day by emailing email@example.com or ph: (03) 5229 2909 Carol Fogg (03) 52292 908 Jenny Schmidt.