September #movewithgateways challenge now on
#movewithgateways is our monthly competition to keep you having fun, learning new skills and staying connected wherever you are!
Congratulations to Jack, the winner of our first monthly challenge in which people were invited to share a chalk portrait of themselves on social media using the competition hashtag. Jack has won a $50 Westfield gift voucher and his choice of one of Gateways new themed activity packs developed by our very own therapy team. Here is Jack’s winning entry:
Will you be our next winner? Follow the steps below to be in the running to win one of four exclusive activity packs created by our therapy team. Choose from Space, Nature, Lego or Chalk themes. You can see the range and order here.
To be part of the competition:
- Read the instructions and watch the video below. You will also find the therapy benefits of this activity,
- Photograph or video yourself with your creation,
- Share it and tag us on Facebook or Instagram. If you can, we’d love to know your favourite thing about what you made,
- Use the #movewithgateways hashtag, so we can see it and make sure to put you in the running for the prize.
The competition is open to all ages with the winner selected by our therapy team and announced in our monthly newsletter, where a new challenge will be revealed.
Therapy benefits of this activity
Table-top activities – including designing and bringing a rock family to life – assists kids to increase their imagination, cognitive skills, and identification of colours, shapes and body features. It can lead children to developing their fine motor skills including dominant hand, precision in pencil control, skills in using scissors and pencil grip.
Our activity packs also support reading and interpreting, while following and recalling instructions promotes cognitive and language development. It can support children to investigate and ask questions, modify steps to suit them and develop their critical thinking ability.
Give it a go! We look forward to seeing your creation. Be sure to follow the competition instructions for a chance to win the monthly prize. #movewithgateways
You may also like:
- Short bursts deliver big results with online therapy
- Fiction With Friends building social links for kids during pandemic restrictions
- New research into understanding childhood leisure activities
- Local knowledge and personal care make great support coordination in Warrnambool
- Bright Sparks building social skills through small group play in term 3