Gateways values all feedback and will respond to a complaint in a timely and respectful way.
We strive to improve our services on an ongoing basis and regularly seek feedback on our services. Recommended improvements and changes are then implemented.
If you have a concern at any time, we encourage you to raise it with the staff member or Team Leader/Coordinator involved. Most issues and concerns can be resolved by talking about it with the people directly involved in service delivery. Gateways provides a copy of our feedback and concern procedure as part of our initial information pack, and our staff can provide further assistance, including copies of our Feedback, Compliment & Complaint Forms, to enable you to formally lodge your feedback and make a complaint in writing if you feel this is necessary.
Gateways also respects your right to seek support from an advocacy service of your choice.
What is an advocate?
An advocate is a person who supports a consumer, like yourself, to protect and promote your rights and interests. An advocate can, with your permission, negotiate on your behalf or support you to negotiate for yourself. An advocate ‘stands beside’ you to support you to make your own decisions. An advocate is an important resource for you in situations where you feel confused, overwhelmed, intimidated or under-confident and are not sure what to do. An advocate can be a family member, friend or an outside organisation.
Some Advocacy groups are:
Adults / children
- Regional Information and Advocacy Council (RIAC) ph. 5245 7986 / 1800 221 944
- VALID ph. 9416 4003
- Assert 4 All ph. 1300 942 773 (a division of Barwon disAbility Resource Council)
- South West Advocacy Services ph. 5561 4584
- Villamanta Disability Legal Service ph. 5229 2925
- ADEC (Action on Disability in Ethnic Communities) ph. 1800 626 078
- The Victorian Disability Commissioner ph. 1800 677 342 (free call) or 1300 728 187 (local call) TTY: 1300 726 563, Fax: 03 9603 8310 or go to the website.
- The Association for Children with a Disability ph. 1800 654 013 or 9500 1232
- Autistic Family Support Association 0400 226 408 or 0434 330 009
- National Aged Care Advocacy Line / Elder Rights Advocacy (Vic) on ph. 9602 3066 or 1800 700 600
- Seniors Rights Victoria ph. 1300 368 821
For any questions, please contact our Quality Manager email email@example.com or phone 03 5221 2984.