Flexible support packages are available for children with a disability, their families and carers living in South West Victoria, to access supports that:
- Complement informal and mainstream supports and
- Delay the need for more intensive disability supports.
Flexible support packages aim to:
- Provide information and support
- Strengthen family capacity and resilience
- Achieve sustainable outcomes
- Support families and carers in their caring role
- Promote independence and community participation
- Build individual and family capabilities to achieve self management
- Short Term Flexible Packages
- Longer Term Flexible Packages which include Case Management support
Flexible packages are available to children aged 6-18 years who meet the criteria specified in the Disability Act 2006 (Children aged 5 who are attending school are also eligible)
For more information, contact Gateways Warrnambool office or phone (03) 5562 8271.
An Individual Support Package (ISP) is disability funding allocated to a person by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services. This funding helps the person with a disability and their family meet their support needs and achieve their goals. Funds from an Individual Support Package can be used to buy a range of supports including respite and case...
Early Choices is the DHS Disability Flexible Packages Program assisting families with children 0-6yrs with severe disabilities. The goal of the Early Choices program is to complement generic and specialist services provided for families of children under school age with severe disabilities and complex care needs through the provision of flexible support and respite packages....
Flexible support packages enable people with a disability, their families and carers to access timely, responsive supports that: Complement and improve the capacity of informal and community supports and mainstream services to support people with a disability; and Delay or minimise the need for more intensive disability supports. Flexible support packages aim to: Provide information...