Flexible support packages enable people with a disability, their families and carers to access timely, responsive supports that:
- Complement and improve the capacity of informal and community supports and mainstream services to support people with a disability; and
- Delay or minimise the need for more intensive disability supports.
Flexible support packages aim to:
- Provide information and support using a problem solving approach at initial contact, leading to better long-term outcomes
- Strengthen family capacity and resilience to meet the needs of children and young people with a disability
- Achieve sustainable support outcomes
- Support families and carers in their caring role
- Promote independence and community participation.
- Build individual and family capabilities to achieve self management.
- Short Term Flexible Packages
- Longer Term Flexible Packages which include Case Management support
Flexible packages are available to children aged 6-18 years who meet the criteria specified in the Disability Act 2006 (Children aged 5 who are attending school are also eligible)
For more information, contact Gateways Warrnambool office online or phone 5562 8271.