Gateways are acknowledged as the specialist provider of services to children and adults with autism in the Barwon region, with a particular focus on people with complex needs including challenging behaviour
Our skilled and knowledgeable staff are available to provide information and training to parents, carers and family members.
We provide training to parents, carers and family members of individuals who have an NDIS plan with the following NDIS supports:
- Parenting Training Relating to Disability
(NDIS reference number 15 007)
- Training for Carers
(NDIS reference number 15 008)
Gateways Autism education and training program will:
- Provide a minimum 5 hour comprehensive and personalised ‘Understanding Autism’ training program based on your needs
- Work individually with you and your family to learn more about autism
- Help you to develop practical tools and strategies for you to use
- Show you how to create and use social scripts
For more information please contact Gateways Respite, Recreation & Family Support Manager via Contact Us or call 5221 2984.