Youth Plus – person-centred support and individual goal setting to maximise independence
Our Youth Plus team specialise in working with adults and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), intellectual disabilities, a range of other disabilities and complex needs. This service is currently only available in the Geelong and Barwon regions, which includes the Surf Coast and Colac Otway areas.
Please refer to our COVID-19 Current Services Update page for a regularly updated list of available services, including Gateways Online programs.
- Equipment needs, basic home modifications, community access, risk assessment
- Social & behavioural challenges and sensory assessment
- Reports, equipment prescriptions, custom resource development
- Family / carer training and education
- Individual therapy programs
- Graded plans for social, routine and skill development
- Informed planning for key transitions
- Collaborative care team planning
- Assessments – language, speech, pragmatics, communicative intent, swallowing, meal time anxiety
- Reports, interpretation and appropriate referrals
- Strategies to support understanding & use of language communication
- Recommendations for therapy & communication
- Training & support for carers or staff within a home, educational or work setting
For more details about our adults assessment and therapy services contact the Gateways Therapy & Inclusion Support Manager.