Youth Plus – person-centred support and individual goal setting to maximise independence
Our Youth Plus team specialise in working with adults and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), intellectual disabilities, a range of other disabilities and complex needs. This service is currently only available in the Geelong and Barwon regions, which includes the Surf Coast and Colac Otway areas.
- Equipment needs, basic home modifications, community access, risk assessment
- Social & behavioural challenges and sensory assessment
- Reports, equipment prescriptions, custom resource development
- Family / carer training and education
- Individual therapy programs
- Graded plans for social, routine and skill development
- Informed planning for key transitions
- Collaborative care team planning
- Assessments – language, speech, pragmatics, communicative intent, swallowing, meal time anxiety
- Reports, interpretation and appropriate referrals
- Strategies to support understanding & use of language communication
- Recommendations for therapy & communication
- Training & support for carers or staff within a home, educational or work setting
For more details about our adults assessment and therapy services contact the Gateways Therapy & Inclusion Support Manager.