Autism training for community groups, schools, kindergartens and childcare centres, disability agencies and corporates
Gateways are acknowledged as a specialist provider of services to children and adults with autism, with a particular focus on people with complex needs including challenging behaviour. Gateways can offer a range of training sessions that will be delivered by a trainer with more than 15 years experience working with people with autism.
- ‘Introduction to Autism’ presentation for community groups, schools, kindergartens and childcare centres and disability agencies. This training offers a great way to learn about autism, what it is and what it looks like, and some practical ideas and strategies that can be used when supporting a person with autism. – duration 2 hrs
- ‘Autism and Asperger Syndrome in the Work Place’. This training explains what autism is etc, but then looks at workplace situations and reasonable adjustments that can be made to enhance the work environment both for the person with autism, for other staff and the business itself – duration 2 hrs Note: this training can be tailor made for your businesses / organisation (at some additional costs)
Autism Training for Parents / Carers
Our skilled and knowledgeable staff are available to provide information and training to parents, carers and family members.
We provide training to parents, carers and family members of individuals who have an NDIS plan with the following NDIS supports:
- Parenting Training Relating to Disability
(NDIS reference number 15 007)
- Training for Carers
(NDIS reference number 15 008)
Gateways Autism education and training program will:
- Provide a minimum 5 hour comprehensive and personalised ‘Understanding Autism’ training program based on your needs
- Work individually with you and your family to learn more about autism
- Help you to develop practical tools and strategies for you to use
- Show you how to create and use social scripts
To enquire about the training sessions, please email Gateways for more information and course costs.