Make a real difference
You can assist a young person with a disability or additional need to feel valued, included and supported. On average we provide over 4500 hours of volunteering annually. Our three volunteer options available are:
To find out more please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Geelong (03) 5221 2984 or Western Melbourne (03) 9396 1111 or complete the Volunteer Enquiry Form.
Benefits of being a volunteer
- Learn new skills
- Explore career opportunities
- Learn something new about yourself
- Meet new people
Who can volunteer?
- Be over the age of 16 years
- No formal qualifications or experience required
- A willing and positive attitude
- A sense of humour
What you will need
Gateways is a Child Safe organisation and as a Recreation or Interchange Host Volunteer working directly with Gateways participants, you will need the following.
- A working with Children Check Card (or be actively in the process of receiving one)
- A Criminal Records check will be conducted by Gateways
- A Disability Workers Exclusion Scheme check will be conducted by Gateways
- Provision of the names of 2 referees
- An informal interview and attendance at a 3-hour Orientation Training Session