Make a real difference
Our volunteers help to support children and adults with disabilities to feel valued and included. Volunteering connects you with your community and enriches your life and the lives of others.
To find out more please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Geelong (03) 5221 2984 or Western Melbourne (03) 9396 1111 or complete the Volunteer Enquiry Form.
Benefits of being a volunteer
- Learn new skills
- Explore career opportunities
- Learn something new about yourself
- Meet new people
Who can volunteer?
- Be over the age of 16 years
- No formal qualifications or experience required
- A willing and positive attitude
- A sense of humour
What you will need
Gateways is a Child Safe organisation and as a Recreation or Interchange Host Volunteer working directly with Gateways participants, you will need the following.
- A working with Children Check Card (or be actively in the process of receiving one)
- A Criminal Records check will be conducted by Gateways
- A Disability Workers Exclusion Scheme check will be conducted by Gateways
- Provision of the names of 2 referees
- An informal interview and attendance at a 3-hour Orientation Training Session