Gateways provides therapy services for children with developmental delay, autism spectrum disorder or a diagnosed disability, and their families.
The aim of these services is to help develop the child’s:
- Learning skills
- Self help skills
- Sensory awareness
- Social skills
Therapy Group Programs
Gateways therapy groups are designed for families with children who have Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), developmental delay, high sensory and communication needs and significant behavioural issues. They provide children with the chance to play, learn new skills, develop communication skills and socialise with other children, in an environment suited to children with additional needs.
- Fiction With Friends (7-11 years) – Online – (Watch a recording of Will, Kye and Felix’s story from the ‘Fiction with Friends’ program here)
- Lego Mates Therapy Group (8-12 years) – Geelong, Werribee
- Crafternoon – Geelong
- TalkAbility™ – Geelong
- Crafting With Friends – Werribee
- Bright Sparks – Werribee
Gateways Therapy Team
Gateways has a multi-disciplinary team including skilled speech pathologists, occupational therapists and psychologists.
The team works closely with children and their families to ensure they receive the support and services they need to maximise their:
- Quality and enjoyment of life.
- Potential; and,
- Positive relationships in their community.
Families can choose the services that best suits their situation. These services can be provided at:
- The family home
- The Gateways Children’s Centre at Grovedale, Geelong
- Other locations requested by the family
- Gateways Offices
Please note that some children with NDIS funding can choose to have a Gateways therapist provide this service at their school. The parent must seek permission from the school Principal prior to this service commencing. The school Principal does have the right to decline this request. Therapy services can not take place at either Barwon Valley School or Nelson Park School, Geelong.