Lego Mates Returns to Werribee in July
The Lego Mates small group therapy program, designed for children who love Lego and have a developmental delay, diagnosed disability or autism will be running again in Werribee in July.
Lego Mates is a small group therapy program based on the LEGO therapy model, play therapy and social thinking models to promote children’s social interaction and learning. Lego Mates allows children to practise joint problem solving, planning, listening, social thinking and communication skills. Therapists facilitate each child’s active participation in pairs in a small group setting (6-8) of 6-10 year olds.
The program suits children with developmental delay or diagnosed disability attending a mainstream primary school; with solid cognitive and language skills; in need of support with social / emotional learning. To attend your child will require funding through the NDIS for a social skills group.
To register, please complete a Registration Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or for further information call 03 97497388 and ask to speak to the Western Melbourne Therapy Team Leader.
You may also like:
- Therapy playgroup a confidence booster for families of children with autism
- Seasoned Gateways Interchange Host Program Volunteer urges others to get involved
- Self-care for parents of kids with a disability
- Fiction With Friends building social links for kids during pandemic restrictions
- Support worker an angel as family manages isolation and home learning