Our PLACE strategy sets out what we are working to achieve over the next three years. This direction will be guided by a set of principles that will inform each decision Gateways Support Services makes.
Children and adults
- We take our responsibility to the children and adults with disability that we support to the very core of our existence – we believe what we do really matters,
- We commit to our supports being of the highest quality – we know that how we do it is of equal importance,
- We will always listen, create, nurture and support their journey to enhanced independence, celebrating each and every step.
Families and community
- We embrace our families and the community in which we live,
- We recognise our responsibility to assist in building resilience and understanding,
- We will expand our commitments to families in western Melbourne and south west Victoria,
- We acknowledge the coming years will be turbulent and commit to be responsive to the needs of our clients as they navigate these changes.
Staff and volunteers
- We respect each and every one of our staff as an individual and recognise their deep commitment to the people we support,
- We will continually invest in their skills and strive to offer security in employment with a remuneration reflective of their skills, roles, responsibilities and industry benchmarks,
- We commit to good and equitable management and recognise the leadership role we all play to ensure quality outcomes for the people we support.
- We will be good citizens by being fair, transparent and accountable for our services and commitments to society,
- We will ensure that our operations are profitable to allow investment into the agreed for-purpose priorities,
- We will be innovative in pursuit of new opportunities that benefit clients and the community while retaining reserves to protect our clients and staff in unpredictable times.