Information Session – How Centrelink Supports Carers
Find out how Centrelink can help you access the services and support you need as a parent or carer of a child or adult with a disability.
Come along to a free information session on the 21st August at Gateways Support Services, Geelong, to hear from Centrelink Community Liaison Officer, Michael Jacques.
Michael is a specialist in the Disability Support Pension and can also provide more general information about other payments and services relevant to carers.
The Centrelink Community Liaison Officer’s role includes; helping you to have an accurate understanding of entitlement and obligations; and connecting you with services and supports. The Community Liaison Officer will not be able to address specific difficulties that individuals may have with Centrelink.
|When:||Wednesday, August 21st 10.00am-11.30am|
|Where:||Gateways Support Services, 10-12 Albert Street, Geelong|
|Speaker:||Michael Jacques, Centrelink Community Liaison Officer|
|RSVP:||9.00am Monday August 19th by contacting Carolyn Mc Diarmid (03) 5221 2984|
Tea/coffee/water provided. No children under 18 to attend please.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS SESSION HAS BEEN CANCELLED AS REGISTERED ATTENDANCE NUMBERS WERE TOO LOW.
You may also like:
- A PLACE to call home – Gateways Support Services lays out its vision for inclusion
- Seasoned Gateways Interchange Host Program Volunteer urges others to get involved
- Self-care for parents of kids with a disability
- Fiction With Friends building social links for kids during pandemic restrictions
- In-home senior visits keep loneliness at bay during pandemic times