Make a real difference
You can assist a young person with a disability or additional need to feel valued, included and supported. On average we provide over 4500 hours of volunteering annually. Our three volunteer options available are:
To find out more please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Geelong (03) 5221 2984 or Western Melbourne (03) 9396 1111 or complete the Volunteer Enquiry Form.
Volunteer Enquiry Form
Benefits of being a volunteer
- Learn new skills
- Explore career opportunities
- Learn something new about yourself
- Meet new people
Who can volunteer?
- Be over the age of 16 years
- No formal qualifications or experience required
- A willing and positive attitude
- A sense of humour
What you will need
Gateways is a Child Safe organisation and as a Recreation or Interchange Host Volunteer working directly with Gateways participants, you will need the following.
- A working with Children Check Card (or be actively in the process of receiving one)
- A Criminal Records check will be conducted by Gateways
- A Disability Workers Exclusion Scheme check will be conducted by Gateways
- Provision of the names of 2 referees
- An informal interview and attendance at a 3-hour Orientation Training Session
We value the amazing contribution of volunteers There are many opportunities to volunteer at Gateways. This includes helping out for a couple of hours at fundraising events throughout the year such as the annual Christmas Gift Wrapping stand at Westfield Geelong or the Gateways Golf Day. Volunteers are vital to helping us raise additional funds to provide a…
A Rewarding Experience This program carefully matches volunteers with a child or young person with a disability and arranges regular times to meet and have fun together. This may be done individually or you may wish to involve your whole family. The host volunteer contributes to the care of the child / young person on…
Getting Active As a recreation volunteer you will support children and young adults to actively participate in a range of fun, social activities as part of Gateways recreational group programs. Activities could include a trip to the beach, a visit to a wildlife park, going to the movies, cooking, school holiday camps or just hanging out having…