With so much information about autism and neurodiversity available online, Gateways Support Services want to help you find the most current and reliable information to support you and your family. Below you will find links to resources developed by our experienced team of professionals, as well as a range of external resources from trusted organisations.
Resources by Gateways Support Services
- Amaze is the peak body for autistic people and the people that support them in Victoria. They build understanding, influence policy and provide independent, credible resources to individuals, families, government and the wider community.
- Autism CRC is the world’s first national, cooperative research effort focused on autism – with collaboration from 56 organisations and partners around Australia and nationally from the autism community, research organisations, industry and government.
- Better Health Channel is an initiative of the Victorian government that provides quality-assured and reliable health and medical information to the community.
- I Can Network is Australia’s largest autistic-led organisation. They employ Autistic adults to deliver mentoring programs, insights and professional development workshops in schools and workplaces as well as online.
- The Olga Tennison Autism Research Centre (OTARC) at La Trobe University is Australia’s first centre dedicated specifically to autism research. Situated within the School of Psychology and Public Health, OTARC focuses on scientific research, innovation and research translation in collaboration with other autism research centres nationally and internationally.
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is Australia’s first national Scheme that supports people with disability by providing funding and support directly to individuals.
- Positive Partnerships is a national project funded by the Australian government that deliver learning and resources about autism through workshops, webinars and online modules to parents, carers and teachers around the country. You can access information sheets and resources on a range of topics on their website.
- Yellow Ladybugs is an autistic-led non-government organisation dedicated to the happiness, success and celebration or autistic girls and women. They run regular social events for women, girls and gender diverse individuals to forge connections in a safe, inclusive environment. They also advocate to address the barriers faced by the autistic community.
- Reframing Autism is run by and for Autistic people, their families and allies. It is dedicated to creating a world in which the Autistic community is supported to achieve acceptance, inclusion & active citizenship. They have a terrific tip sheet on ‘How to talk to your child about Autism’ that is available in Arabic, Mandarin and Vietnamese, as well as English.
- Planet Puberty is a fantastic new resource to support parents of children with intellectual disability and Autism to navigate puberty.